The folks over at the Harvard Business Review wrote a pretty good article on what is needed for poor leaders to improve into good leaders. 9 traits were discussed that could make any poor leader into a better one.
The Nine Things you can do to be a better leader:
- Improving Communication Skills
- Share Knowledge
- Encourage Others To Do More & Be Better
- See The Big Picture
- Be A Role Model & Set the Tone
- Encouraging New Ideas
- Recognize When Change Was Needed
- Improving the Ability To Inspire & Motivate Others
- Encourage Cooperation Rather
If you want to read more here is the link to the article here.