The holiday season is upon us. This is a chance to spend time with family, friends, and yourself. While you have time away from friends and family you can entertain yourself with some youtube. If you are tired of the stale holiday specials that come on every year, I have just the thing. Here are 5 Youtube Channels that will not only entertain you, but you will learn something to:
5. Amuse – A relatively new channel, Amuse is a digital magazine and video channel published by i-D dedicated to dreaming bigger. It’s about time and money, how we make it and how we spend it: on products and experiences that put a smile on our face, and create memories and understandings of the world that keep us smiling for a lifetime. Ideally they do both.
4. Film Theorists – A youtube channel for those that love overanalyzing movies and TV. If decoding Game of Thrones lore, dissecting the physics of Dragonball’s Kamehameha wave, or figuring out how to win the Hunger Games using Game Theory sounds appealing to you, then welcome to the community of Loyal Theorists! And when you’ve had your fill of theorizing, hop on over to Did You Know Movies, bringing you incredible facts and little-known behind the scenes moments from all your favorite big screen hits! And finally Frame by Frame, all about the ART of moviemaking and cinematography.
3. Star Talk Radio – Science meets pop culture on StarTalk! Astrophysicist & Hayden Planetarium director Neil deGrasse Tyson, his comic co-hosts, guest celebrities & scientists discuss astronomy, physics, and everything else about life in the universe. Keep Looking Up!
2. The Creator’s Project – The Creators Project is a global celebration of creativity, arts and technology. Launched in 2009, the platform features the works of visionary artists across multiple disciplines who are using technology to push the boundaries of creative expression. The Creators Project includes daily video and editorial content, an official YouTube Channel, original artwork commissions and global events. To date, there are more than 600 Creators from around the world. Participating artists include Karen O, Daft Punk, Spike Jonze, M83, Benh Zeitlin, Animal Collective, The xx, Chris Milk, Florence and the Machine, Amon Tobin, Matt Pyke, Anthony Wong, Supermarche, United Visual Artists, Sticky Monster Lab, Takeshi Murata, Andrew Huang, Vega Zaishi Wang, Mick Rock, David Bowie and Barney Clay.
1. Vsauce – A hub for thought provoking content, Vsauce is a channel that provides content based on questions people around have always wondered about such as what would happen if everyone in the world jumped at the same time. Check it out. Vsauce is always looking for more people to contribute. A Vsauce has 4 different channels Vsauce, Vsauce 2 , Vsauce 3, and Wesauce. Vsauce was created by Michael Stevens in the summer of 2010. Vsauce is… Michael Stevens: Producer/Host of Vsauce1 Kevin Lieber: Producer/Host of Vsauce2 Jake Roper: Producer/Host of Vsauce3